Click here to download North Haven’s Move-Out Guide that outlines important requirements, expectations and processes.
Click here to learn more about the move-out process.
We understand that moving
can be a very stressful time. Take a look at some tips below to
help eliminate the headaches that often come with moving.
Your 30-Day Notice to Vacate
A Notice to Vacate form needs to be provided to the community center by the service member or spouse (Special Power of Attorney required) informing us of their intent to vacate their home. A minimum 30-day notice is required prior to vacating. This is per:
- Lease Agreement
- Soldiers Civil Relief Act
Immediately contact the community center and we will review your circumstances.
- Short Orders are defined as orders that are received/dated with a report-no-late-date that is less than 30-days. Resident must visit and place a written notice within 72-hours of receiving orders.
- Vacation and Permissive TDY are not reasons for short notices.
- If you choose to move prior to fulfilling the 30-notice date and do not have Short Orders, you will be financially responsible for the remainder of the 30-day requirement.
Placing Notice to Vacate
When placing your Notice to Vacate you will receive a Move-out Guide that outlines move-out expectations and the process. In addition, you will be scheduled for a Move-out Information Session.
TMO Scheduling Reminder
To ensure that TMO can meet your family’s departure timeline, be sure to schedule your move as soon as you have orders.
Self-clean: A resident may choose to clean their home to meet the expectations described in the Move-out Guide. This is a very doable option for those who have maintained their home during residency.
Hire Your Own Cleaning Company: This is another cleaning option. Please remember, the home must still be cleaned to the expectations described in the Move-out Guide. If choosing this option, we highly recommend you have a representative from your chosen cleaning company available to perform any necessary touch ups following your final inspection.
The Final Inspection Procedure
All final inspections are scheduled Monday through Thursday.
- All personal belongings and trash must be removed.
- Home is cleaned to expectations as stated in the Move-out Guide.
- All keys and garage remotes issued, if applicable, will be collected.
- Resident will be provided a detailed list of charges, prorated BAH amount, and/or refund amount, if applicable. Click here to review Maintenance Repair and Replacement Charges.
- Resident will be provided a Termination Letter.
- The BAH allotment is collected on the first of the following month for the prior month’s rent.
- Refunds are mailed to the forwarding address provided by the resident.
- Refund checks typically arrive within 14-business days after the BAH allotment is received.
ASYMCA Thrift Store, 1031 102nd Street, Fort Wainwright
Value Village, 3027 Airport Way, Fairbanks
The Salvation Army, 2222 South Cushman Street, Fairbanks
All hazardous materials should be taken to the ECC Building located in Building 3489 on Fort Wainwright.